1. More than half the Valentine’s Day cards that are bought are purchased in the week right before the holiday. It’s a great day for procrastinators everywhere. There are more single men than women, so finding a date on that special day can be tough.
2. There are over one hundred and eighty-eight million Valentine’s Day cards sold each year.
3. If you’re 65 or older, female and single, there are only thirty-four men for every 100 of you, so good luck.
4. There are more than 900 dating establishments throughout America to help you find that
More than twelve hundred chocolate and candy-producing factories exist.
5. In a day, about six thousand marriages take place.
6. Each person eats an average of almost twenty-six pounds of candy each year.
7. There are around twenty-two thousand florists in the US where you can get your sweetie some flowers.
8. If jewelry is your thing, there are nearly twenty-nine thousand stores
nationwide, so you’re sure to find something you like.
9. 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine’s Day are men. Only 27% are women.
10. In the 1800’s, doctors typically would advise their broken hearted patients to eat chocolate to calm them down.