You haven't yet noticed the other person's flaws and it's as if the sun rises and sets with this new love in your life. Unfortunately, this phase doesn't last. The newness eventually wears off as reality sets in. The good news is that with the right mindset and attitude, you can keep the magic in your relationship.
1. Decide that you are going to have happy relationship. Anything that you ever do will begins with a thought. Visualize yourself and your partner in a happy and healthy relationship.
2. Handle conflict in a loving way. Every couple has disagreements. The way you handle them will help determine the success of your relationship. Don't insist on being right. Instead, focus on understanding your partner's point of view and be a good listener. This will help keep your partner from becoming defensive and he or she will appreciate being heard.
3. Be responsible for your own happiness. Understand that it's not your partner's job to make you happy. In the early stages of your relationship, your partner may feel flattered to know that you depend on him or her for fulfillment, but after a while, they will feel drained and suffocated. True happiness comes from within. Be your own source of happiness and that will make your relationship much sweeter.
4. Don't be consumed by jealousy. This can do serious damage to a relationship. The poet Maya Angelou once said that jealousy is like salt. In small amounts, it can add spice to a relationship but too much is unhealthy.
5. Don't take your partner for granted. Remind yourself why you fell in love with this person in the first place. Focus on your partner's positive attributes and remember that no one is perfect.