Valentine's Day is traditionally for lovers, but you can also use this holiday to show your sister or your mom how special they are to you. Here are some gift ideas on what you can give your sister for this holiday:
1. Dinner and a Movie - If your sister is single, she might appreciate a dinner out on the town with her favorite brother. Or, if you are both old movie buffs, why not rent some Laurel and Hardy movies, or some Little Rascal episodes, or "Gone With the Wind"? Then, invite her over for pizza and some movies!
2. Gift Cards Make Great Gifts - Your sister might also appreciate a gift card for her favorite store. Gift cards are easy to use, and they spend just like cash. You can usually get them in monetary increments from twenty dollars to over two thousand dollars.
You can also get gift cards that she can use like a Visa (TM) credit card so your sister can shop at any store she chooses
You can either wrap the gift card up separately or you can just slip it into a Valentine's Day card.
3. Babysitting Services - If your sister is a single mom, then she probably could use a night out away from the kids. Offer to babysit her kids for one time, any night that she chooses. This gift could make a harried mom a little less stressed!
4. Change the Oil- Women aren't normally as attentive to their vehicles as most men are. So, why not offer to change the oil in your sister's vehicle? While you're at it, you could check the rest of the fluid levels and top them off too!
Then, as a reminder to your sister, you could place a heart shaped sticky note on the dash to remind
her when the oil will need to be changed again.
5. Send Silk Flowers - Real flowers smell nice, but they wilt and die too soon. But, all women love to get flowers, especially on a holiday. So, why not skip the real thing and buy her a vase full of silk flowers instead? These fakes not only stay pretty for a long time, but they are also easy to clean off with a damp cloth.
And, now, here are some gift ideas for mom:
1. Family Picture - Mothers always love to display pictures of their families. If your mom's copy of the family picture is a little outdated, then why not get your siblings together and have a new picture taken? With today's technology, you can have a friend snap a picture with a digital camera. Then, print it out on your computer, and place it in an attractive frame! The cost will be minimal, but the joy it will bring your mother will be priceless!
2. Chores for a Day- Most mothers don't like to ask their grown kids to do much for them. But, if they live by themselves on their own, there are probably plenty of chores to do around the house.
So, you can give your mom a coupon (that you made with your computer and printer) that tells her you'll do chores for a day at her place as your gift to her!
3. Let Her Keep in Touch - Moms often have family members who are strung out clear across the United States. With the high cost of calling distance rising, your mother might not get the chance to keep in touch with her family as much as she would like.
If this describes your mom, you can get her a prepaid phone card. These cards are s